New ZiggyLand

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Not So New Digs

I've been in my 'new' flat since beginning of October. I guess it's not so new anymore. I absolutely love it. I live on my own- I was definitely ready for that.

It's a tiny 2-bedroom flat that is just right for me. I love that I can be as social or anti-social as I want. Most of you who know me well enough will know that I usually opt for the 'as social as I want to be.' I love having people over for dinner and I'm in a central location (I sound like Michael Scott - near the elevator for a central location for the Scranton party) so people feel free to pop in. I love it.

Here's the deck and "yard." The grass is getting a bit long but I think I'm just going to use scissors to trim it. I'll try to take some photos. Celine gave me all the plants on the deck and the barbecue and Ben and Bobbi gave me the deck furniture.


Here's the 'view' from my deck. Those are back of the shops which are on the main drag of the Mount. My view is the back ally, the Mexican restaurant and a few pubs.

The living room was decorated courtesy of Sair and Rhooky, Ben and Bobbi, Emma and Chris, and Ted. I did buy the leather chair.

Kitchen, with very high microwave. It just fits perfectly up there and I can't see in it to clean it.

Bedroom furnished courtesy of Celine and Ben and Bobbi.

Dining room set - courtesy of Ben and Bobbi.


I love my place but I love the friends that lent me furniture even more. I love the evenings spent on the deck talking, the card nights in the dining room, friends washing dishes, cooking dinner, blending in the morning, watching movies and to quote Aunt Trish 'making memories.'

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Alan & Tina said...

I just love it! Reminds me of our skype on Thanksgiving when you gave us "the tour." I think the red bar stools are my favorites. There's something so refreshing about uncluttered, spartan surroundings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home