New ZiggyLand

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

That Road

It was an absolute beautiful day today - just the kind of day made for driving to Auckland and standing in line at immigration to finalize my work permit.

I started the day in Pukekohe - here is a picture of the town centre (that's how they spell it) and a picture of the high school. The high school has 1600 students and is hug. Most of the school has been renovated, unfortunately, I am in the part of the school that hasn't been touched in about 80 years.




Next stop was Auckland - everything was fine on the way there, I was having a great time singing to I Got You Babe and then after a couple hours at immigration, a parking ticket, and drving around and around the city, I had to get out of there.



I took a detour to the town of Waiuku, which has a road that leads directly to the beach. I didn't relaize that, but a very nice woman gave me directions - "You are parked on this street - it intersets with that street - that street will lead you to the beach - stay on that street until your feet get wet. " So, I followed that street and it lead me directly to the sea and to another amazing sunset.



7 Comments:

At September 12, 2007 at 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize it could be rather annoying that I comment every time as if you are only blogging for me. That said...I'll go ahead and comment...
What a beautiful place to live! Looks like a lot of people drive station wagons (at least 6 out of 8 parked in front of your school ;) Sorry about your parking ticket.
Keep up the updates!!! Love it!

 
At September 12, 2007 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

something's wrong with that city skyline.... oh that's right, no smog!

 
At September 12, 2007 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Jen Zig said...

Keep on leaving comments. I thought I had the site meter set up, but I guess I haven't figured it out yet. But, then again - I'm pretty sure that people from Chandler Arizona are checking it every day.

 
At September 12, 2007 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Jen Zig said...

Karen -
I hear it's a great place to raise kids.

 
At September 13, 2007 at 6:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen. It's so impressive to have a daughter who is in the Blogesphere!Mom and I check at least one a day.

Hope you are finished with the immigration process....looking forward to tales from school.

 
At September 15, 2007 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Vicki said...

HI Jen,


Sorry I missed you on your last days in the US. Always great to hear of your adventures! My new adventures...Omar got married in China. I'll send you a great photo. Guys & gal are due back in LA end of Sept. to complete the films and promote the series.

Things sound like they are going well. Anxious to hear how different your students are from SPHS!

 
At September 17, 2007 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Mama Gapp said...

Hi. So seriously, when are you coming home?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home