New ZiggyLand

Saturday, March 26, 2011

kiwi ingenuity

So, I don't have a lot of space to store stuff in my apartment and one of the places I use is the space above the cabinets in the kitchen. I had my camping gear up there, some tutoring books and other random stuff. Thinking that the top of the shelves went all the way to the wall, I put my American friend Dana's book on top of the cabinets. But I put it in the 6-inch gap of the top of the cabinets from the wall and as soon as I let it go, I heard the sound of paper fluttering to the bottom. Dana and i were stumped how to get it out. We kept saying we need kiwi ingenuity - Kiwis seem to have a built-in MacGyver quality about them.

So, I asked my landlord and this is what he came up with - rope, a hand weight and duct tape.


I had a few attempts and one by one started getting the random papers that had dropped down there too.


Here's dana and her little boy Max waiting.


And finally, I got it.


Thank you Kiwis - for never doing anything the conventional way and always having some crazy idea that works.

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2011 at 7:58 AM , Blogger popz said...

Hi Jenny I hope you can teach me some of that Kiwi Ingeniuty when you come home...You know ho I operate...I need it ...Love Dad

 
At March 27, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Alan & Tina said...

This is awesome--kiwi ingenuity gave me a very good laugh. Love the papers all over the floor. And what on earth is the pink stripe running down the backs of both your calves?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home