New ZiggyLand

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Weekend in Waikato

I drove down to Steve and Kathy's last weekend (they haven't gotten tired of me yet - even though they are my only friends here so far) and we went to the Waikato rugby game. It was Waikato versus Wellington; the mascot of the Waikato team is a cow and the fans ring cow bells at the game.

I've never seen a game as intense as rugby. It doesn't really remind me of American Football - I think the closest game it compares to in the States is Smear the ______. (I don't think we're allowed to say the name of the game anymore.)
We had a fun night with the kids even though Kathy and I didn't have a clue what was going on. Half way through the game we stopped asking each other if the other person knew what was going on.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home