New ZiggyLand

Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Hobbit Hole

Here's the new place!!! I really really like it a lot. I've had fun the past few days organizing and finding places for everything and hanging up all my pictures. It's been a little tricky but i managed to keep one of the many Hamiltopia mantras - a place for everything and everything in it's place.




If you're wondering where the rest of the rooms are - there aren't anymore. My kitchen, laundry, and bathroom sink are in between the two rooms and the shower and toilet are at the entry way. I'm having a hard time adjusting to brushing and drying my hair so close to the kitchen area - hopefully there won't be too much hair in the food.

Here's the outside of the place. My apartment is the back part of a couple's holiday house. It's great because they aren't around during the week. And no, I do not have use of their house while they're gone and they did not leave a key.

I saved the best for last - my backyard. It's a 2-minute walk to the beach. The other night Kathy and a couple of the kids came over. They helped me move some stuff in and then we got dinner. They were going to leave but since the evening was so nice, we decided to go to the beach. The waves were small (which I like) and were peeling beautifully. I got my board, had a couple of good rides but I think I had even better wipeouts. The kids rode the boogie board and jumped waves. Not a bad way to spend an evening.

So, anyone is welcome to stop by whenever - it's small but cozy. And in case you're wondering, I'm still walking around with a big grin on my face.

5 Comments:

At February 1, 2008 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOO--it looks idyllic-If only I could come over there for free!! I think that will be my next Hamiltopian endeavor--how to get to New Zealand the freegan way!! Heck! I've recently acquired a Maytag dishwasher, a Sunbeam handmixer, a Health-O-Meter scale...All for free!! Next on the list? A ticket to New Zealand? (well,5, actually!) I know my freegan lifestyle is really only possible because other people overbuy, but surely someone has overbought on airline tickets!?

Lovely, lovely olac, Jenn. That you're happy makes me happy!

Diana

 
At February 1, 2008 at 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen it looks great!! just finished showing people at work your place...They think it's great too!
I am trying to figure out a way to get over there too!

love popZ

 
At February 7, 2008 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Cari and Frank said...

Jen-Jen!
I think you should put a video on your blog like your cousin Robin. I enjoy seeing how the cousins are and their family.

 
At February 7, 2008 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now I'm dreaming of crashing in a sleeping bag on your cool rug by the chairs, drying my hair really close to your food prep area, and walking to the beach together with big grins on our faces. I'll check flights right now... ;) I wish!!!

 
At February 9, 2008 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Alan & Tina said...

Oh, it feels so good to catch up with you, Jen! Your back yard view makes me sigh and your commentary has me big-grinning, too. Looks like we're all dreaming of visiting you, but I'll add my thoughts to Robyn that it would give me wicked pleasure to dry my hair in your bathroom! (Don't worry, now that I've made that donation the strands in your food would be so much shorter!)
You are LOVED!!! ~Tina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home