New ZiggyLand

Monday, December 3, 2007

FORE!!!!

I played my first round of golf - actually only 9 holes - or as we say in the golf world, the back 9. The math department at the high school had an end of year outing - golf first then dinner. The head of the math department said he wanted to partner with me so he could have a good laugh, but at the end of the game said that he didn't get to laugh as much as he wanted to. He said I did really well for my first time ever hitting a golf ball. Unless you count miniature golf.

Here's a few of the maths people getting ready for the day. Who says mathematcians don't know how to have fun?

I had no idea what I was doing and the people I was with gave no help at all. I would just whack the ball and hope that it would go kind of in the direction that it needed to go.
Not exactly where I wanted it to land.I scored 73 for 9 holes, but that's only because we stopped counting after 10 shots per hole.

2 Comments:

At December 4, 2007 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on your first time golfing! You looked cute, so that's worth something, right? Cute, and a little bit thirsty...

 
At December 4, 2007 at 4:18 AM , Blogger Jen Zig said...

Thanks. I guess it doesn't really matter how I played as long I looked cute - as far as the thirst goes, next time I'll know to bring my own water.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home