New ZiggyLand

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Graduation Time

This past week, the senior classes left the school to prepare for their exams. The senior classes are years 11, 12, and 13. Here are 2 of my classes on the last day. The classes are bigger, but a lot of students cut the last day.
My year 11 class - also called 5th form.
Year 12 (aka 6th form) I apologized to Louise - the girl that I blocked in the picture. I felt bad, but I had to make sure that I got in.
Wednesday night was the Senior Prize-giving, which is the kind of equivalent to graduation. The teachers had to dress in a hood and gown and process in. They didn't have the hood for Towson University, so I got to pretend I graduated from the University of Auckland.

The prize giving, like most graduations was long and had a lot of speeches. But, only in New Zealand do they start with a kapahaka.

I had to leave early because I got sick. I don't have any pictures of that, I just want people to feel bad for me. I drove with Sarah and Carolyn, so I couldn't go home. I had to go out to the car and sleep there until it was over. Don't worry, I'm better and at 100%.

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2007 at 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Louise ;) Sorry you got sick!Glad you're all better! I'm still scared of the Haka.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home