New ZiggyLand

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sweet as...


I had to take a picture of this sign as soon as I saw it. It's an expression that I did not understand when I first got here. If something is really cool or fun or good, they will say it's sweet as, cool as, fun as. When I gave my first test to my students they said it was hard as. I made a funny joke and someone said I was crack up as.

Everytime I hear it, I just want to ask, As what?
I've started getting used to it - I just hope I don't start saying it.

I have 2 more days of school left and then summer vacation!! Hopefully I will have some adventures and pictures to share with you all soon.

3 Comments:

At December 12, 2007 at 12:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully expect you to be saying it next time we see you. I also expect you to perform the Haka. Now THAT would be hilarious as.

 
At December 13, 2007 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Jen Zig said...

I could teach everyone the Haka next time we're at the beach together - it would be fun as.

 
At December 14, 2007 at 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to get a flavor of the NZ culture. that bit of info was interestings as

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home