New ZiggyLand

Monday, December 3, 2007

The Boot

Well, I decided to post a picture of The Boot. For those who don’t know – who didn’t get the e-mail, the Boot is an award given to a staff member at the school who does something silly or embarrassing during the week. I’ve stayed out of it until last week. Amy was surprised that it took me this long to get it.
I got the boot for getting locked in my classroom with me students. We called maintenance, but they couldn’t get in, so at the end of class, my students and I had to climb out of the window. I’m just glad I wasn’t wearing a skirt and that we were on the first floor.
It might not sound like a big deal to lock oneself and one’s class in a room, but this came after locking my keys in my car a couple of times and locking myself out of my house twice. So, when I locked myself in my room, no one really took me seriously. The assistant principal’s response was , “We need to give that girl a lesson on how to open doors.”

So, last Friday, the staff voted and it was unanimous that the “American Import” get the boot.

3 Comments:

At December 4, 2007 at 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing picturing you and your students climbing out the window. Congrats on getting the boot. ;)

 
At December 5, 2007 at 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reminded of a famous song that I heard sung a wedding years ago about shoes..."Nice Shoe" Also do you get to put it on? You look great out on the golf course. What was your score for the "Back Nine?

 
At December 5, 2007 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Mama Gapp said...

Excellent! Really, I'm proud of you! (And the golf, too.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home