New ZiggyLand

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just a few more days

Just a few more days and then I'll be back in B-more for a few weeks. I can't wait and it's about all I can think about, but I'm still having a good time on this side of the world with my friends here.
This past weekend I went down to Rotorua and cheered some mates on as they competed in a triathalon at the Blue Lake.
Warrick, me, Alisa and Ted before the race.
Team manager Ted and head cheerleader Emma.
Ted needs to work on camera aim.
After the race, we headed to some hotpools nearby. I really really like this country. We drove down a dirt road, parked our car, walked down a path and ended up at Kerosene creek. The water was so hot and the scenery was just amazing.

We stayed at a house on the lake and on Sunday, took the boat out for a wakeboard. We had a rings competition - and all did some pretty intense tricks, but I think I might have out-shined the rest - here I come Beijing!



I haven't been wakeboarding in 2 years and it was almost like riding a bike. It took me a couple of tries to get up - I slapped the water a few times with my face but then I managed to get up and stay up for a while. After the wakeboarding in Lake Rotoiti, we parked the boat at some more hot pools and hung out there for a while.
Not a bad way to spend my last weekend here before I head home.
I'm getting ready to head back to the other side of the world where most of you are. I can't believe I've been gone for 8 months. I'll be home for 3 weeks and know it won't be enough time to visit with everyone but I'm looking forward to squeezing the most out of every moment I'm there.

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2008 at 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish we were in MD with you this week! :( So happy that you are enjoying your life in NZ, making great friends, and improving your rings skills (I'm thoroughly impressed). Could you please blog while you're in MD? Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home