New ZiggyLand

Monday, May 5, 2008

Hamilotpia

This past Friday was a full-on day of visiting and hanging out. The day started with a trip downtown to the National Aquarium. I think it's hard to get your money's worth out of places like that because after a couple of hours, we were exhausted. Actually, I started out tired and in need of coffee, and I just wanted to curl up and take a nap, but the tickets were so expensive we had to look at every exhibit.
Here's Owen enjoying one of the exhibits.

Anneke and Owen in the rainforest.

Raleigh and Mindy in the rainforest - this picture kind of sums up the outlook on the day. Mindy was the cheerleader of the group and pushed us to see everything. All Raleigh and I could talk about was getting a cup of coffee. I don't think we were really grateful at the time for her cheerful outlook and her persistence. Thanks Min for putting up with your caffeine deprived friend.

Then, when we got back to Hamilton, we had HAMILTOPIA. Before I left for New Zealand, a group of us Hamiltonians would meet once a week for a casual community dinner. One person would cook for the group each week. I loved getting together and the community that came out of being together weekly. This past Friday we had more than just the regulars and stayed up a lot later than we used to.







5 Comments:

At May 5, 2008 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Alan & Tina said...

Sigh...it's so good to have you around again, Jen! You bring out the party in everyone (in spite of caffeine deprivation!)It's not every day the toddlers stay up past 10!

 
At May 5, 2008 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

You didn't post the picture where I was taller than you!!!! Didn't turn out well???

I had a great time at our Hamiltopia's this weekend... please don't leave!!! :)

 
At May 7, 2008 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Alan & Tina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At May 7, 2008 at 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've witnessed first hand Jen without her coffee and frankly I was scared. ;) Hamiltopia looks like so much fun. Hope you are enjoying every moment with family and friends!

 
At May 9, 2008 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

As Robyn stated, yes, Jenn can be scary when in need of caffeine; but I was in such a Jenn-deprived state that I still loved being around her! :)
I miss you Jenn!!!!!!
We so enjoyed our time down in B-more and feel so blessed to be included in Hamiltopia.
Just so you know, as soon as I came home I trimmed Owen's hair up around his ears. :)
I tried to call you before you left for NZ, but had to leave a message on your parent's machine. Hope you had a good trip back and I'll be praying that you can re-adjust quickly....and I don't just mean the time zones. I remember when I would return home to Clymer or friends would leave here and I was udderly depressed for days. I just know Kathy will have you laughin' in no time.
Love, Mindy for all of us

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home